Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Meal Plan June 4-10


Day 1: Sausage and Broccoli Pasta with Salad
Day 2: Sloppy Joes (click links for recipes)
Day 3: LO Pasta
Day 4: T-ball Pizza Party
Day 5: LO Sloppy Joe's
Day 6: Stuffed Swiss Chard
Day 7: LO Swiss Chard

I have swiss chard growing in my garden that wintered over and was lucky enough to run into a recipe that looks like it will be yummy so that I can use some of it up. It is a new recipe to me so I hope that it is indeed good. Let me know what you think if you try it out.

The sloppy joe's recipe (linked above) is really good and not your average bear. It contains lots of veggies and the kids can help make them. I usually even add more veggies than the recipe calls for by including chopped spinach to the dish or chopped zucchini.

The sausage and broccoli pasta is one of my go to recipes because it is so so easy to do and my kids love it and I think it is very good too. Plus I can take it along in a thermos nicely as left overs the next time we have it, which is a dinner at the t-ball park night.

Recipes:

Sausage and Broccoli Pasta:

1 package of mild Italian sausage (or hot if you like spicy)
5  cloves of garlic thinly sliced
1/2 head of broccoli steamed until just tender
1 pound pasta
Parmesan for garnishing

While boiling the water for the pasta brown the sausage, when close to cooked through add the sliced garlic. About 1 minute later add the broccoli. Turn the heat off. After the pasta is cooked drain it and add to the "sauce". Serve with Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment