Thursday, June 14, 2012

Music Friday: Bari Koral Family Rock Band

A little while ago I introduced you to a cd that is meant to help kids learn yoga in a fun way. This week is a continuation of that with a new song that my kids instantly thought was interesting. By the middle of the song my son was already starting to do the moves and by the end of the song my daughter was too.

Yoga has so many great benefits from focus, energy, strength, flexibility, to increasing positive emotions I think it is a great thing to teach kids.

The Bari Koral Family Rock Band has a song called, The Sun Dance. This is basically the Sun Salutation which is a flow of specific "warm up" yoga moves that get your body ready for the other poses (at least that is my understanding you may feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

                                                                      

I would also think about checking this song out on youtube because the video was part of what caught my kids attention and helped them see what movements to do. Once they get the movements down they could probably just listen to the song and know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment