Sunday, February 26, 2012

Itching for Spring-UPDATE

About a week ago I wrote about my kids doing an indoor planting project to help spring come a little faster at our house. You can read the whole thing here. Well I just wanted to pass on a little update on how those little seeds are coming along.


I have to say that I still get so much joy and excitement from seeing seeds/bulbs starting to sprout! Oh the little joys in life right? They are getting taller now and we are going to need to thin them out (as you can tell there are a lot of them, that is what happens when little hands are allowed to plant seeds).


 I have also noticed that many trees around here are starting to get little flower buds, my lilac is starting to get leaves at an amazingly fast pace, and Territorial Seed Company says it is almost time to plant peas! Now I really need to get on deer proofing my raised beds stat! 

I was also given an amazon gift card last year and was supposed to get this little green house thing: 
                                            


Has any one used this? If I end up getting it I will let you know how it is. I think this would make starting plants inside much more feasible.


What are you doing to prepare for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment