Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Winter Fun, Illuminating the River

Every year my family has been involved in a very unique event called the Illuminata Regatta. This special family event is for non-motorized paddle boats such as canoes, kayaks, and in recent years dragon boats. The boats are decorated with lots of battery powered Christmas lights and then launched just as it starts to get dark. Spectators line the dock and shore as well as watching from a dinner cruise paddle boat.

This is such a fun event, it is fun to decorate the boats and see how others have decorated their own. My kids love putting the lights on and seeing how the lights reflect on the water. I fully recommend this event.

Here are a couple of photos taken before our launch this year. These photos were all taken with my Canon PowerShot A590. I did not take any while I was on the water this year because I had my little one in the boat too.




No comments:

Post a Comment